Sunday, May 6, 2012

A walk in the sun

Today's hike was a solo stroll through meadows and sunshine as I made a return trip to Round Valley Regional Preserve.  With only my iPhone to take pictures I wanted to travel light and concentrate on just having a nice hike.










The trail is mostly fire road, overgrown in spots with grass and wildflowers.  The loop started at Miwok Trail and then headed to Murphy Meadows.  My only companion on the trail were the army of squirrels that darted back and forth in the sunshine and scampered ahead of me on the trail.  A collection of rusting farm equipment dating back tot he nineteenth century tenant on land is strewn about the trail lending some interesting photo opportunities.











It was a great hike, covering just over six miles in just over 2 hours.  The wind and the sea of grasses swaying before me were murder on my sinuses but it was a great morning.  I am lining up a tough hike toi tackle for the coming weeks but I think I am ready for it.

No comments: