Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Arraignment


Sad to say but I am getting good at shooting inside courtrooms.

After last year's murder tally I have had lots of opportunity to view the judicial system from a tiny corner near the front of the courtroom. The latest trip was to photograph an arraignment for a man accused of killing father.

You may think it exciting to photograph the courtroom but it is pretty boring to tell the truth. The days before are filled with paperwork and phone calls to see if I can get the judge's permission. In the court I stand where the bailiff assigns me, only being allowed to shoot the court specified on my paperwork request. For those who watched the spectacle of court proceeding like the Simpson trial this is far from that circus. Today's arraignment lasted about 4 minutes of shooting and I only squeezed of 55 frames.

No comments: