Thursday, April 1, 2010

High and low


Shooting the track meet today at West High I remembered to try for some different looking shot. I wanted more than the plain eye level of the action so I headed to the top of the bleachers for a high-angle view of the boys 110 hurdle race. I picked a block of hurdles where I hoped they would still be closely packed as a group and waited with my telephoto lens. The result is a nice composition from a different viewpoint.
Looking for a different shot form the long jump I switched to my 16-25mm wide angle zoom and found a spot next to the sand pit. With the camera perched on the ground is was juts a matter of waiting for a jumper to leap into my frame. A couple of different perspectives of the action yielding some nice track pictures for the paper.

No comments: