Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Net result


I forgot to pack my 300 mm lens so I was stuck shooting the West High tennis match with my 70-200mm zoom with a 1.4 extender. So instead of shooting with an effective focal length of just over 400mm I was shooting with just over 300mm. That is a good thing and bad thing as it turns out.

The good was with the zoom I could pull out and get some nice shots of the doubles team. I could pull in and out to compose the pair. A 400mm shot would be way to tight on the two.

The bad is I lose the high focal length background blur. I shot with as wide open an f-stop as I could to try and drop the background but I still held a little too much background detail. I did get better results when players charged the net for a volley but those were few and far in between.

No comments: