Monday, March 8, 2010

Close shave


Covering the crosstown baseball game on Friday between rivals Tracy High and West High I had a great photo opportunity, almost lost it then had it again. Tracy High outfielder Robert Emerson made a fantastic diving catch in the outfield and I was in the right position to catch his diving attempt, almost.





The Tracy High first baseman wandered into the frame as I held the motor drive down on my Eos 1D MKII with a 300mmm and lens with a 1.4 extender. The first baseman just started to cross my shooting position as I fired and I had no time to try and move and re-frame the play. At first I thought the frame was lost but I had just enough of a window to capture the stretch for the ball. Back at the office I debated on a few different crops before settling on a nice tight framing taking out as much of the out of focus first baseman's head and shoulder as I could.

No comments: