Monday, September 21, 2009

Blast from the past


I was visiting Castle Air Museum on Sunday for the roll out of the newest addition to the collection an F-15 Eagle fighter. While I was there I was making the rounds of the museum and ventured into the KC-135 R tanker on display where I found this black and white photo hanging on display. The pictures shows a color guard alongside the KC-135 at its retirement dedication ceremony where the jet tanker dubbed "The City of Atwater" was officially handed over form the Air Force to the museum. The caption lists the photographer as Glenn Moore/Journal Photographer. I can't remember how long ago I shot that picture, somewhere between 15 to 20 years ago wghen I worked for the Turlock Journal and covered the air base and museum on a regular basis. Kind of nice and little weird to see the picture on display so many years later and for the picture to be considered part of the museum's history.

No comments: