Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rockets red glare


This was my second attempt at shooting the annual 4th of July fireworks show at Tracy High. I planned this attempt out a little better bring a good quality tripod, electronic shutter release for time exposures and a wide-angle zoom lens. Aside from a last second change of shooting position to avoid one of the stadium lights being in the middle of the w=fireworks everything went smooth. For all the camera techies out there pictures were shot with my Canon 40D camera, a 24-70mm 2.8 zoom mounted on an Induro tripod with matching ballhead. I used a Canon remote camera release with the shutter set on bulb. ISO sensitivity was set at 200 with f-stops being f.8 or f.9. The time of the exposure lasted anywhere from a few 2-6 seconds based on the brightness of the fireworks as I controlled the shutter duration with the camera remote release. I only took about 60 pictures or so during the 12 minute show. here are some of the better looking fireworks.













1 comment:

MS said...

Looks great Glenn,
thanks for the techie info.
I wanted to make my first attempt but had too many other things going on. Maybe next year.
Got a bunch of parade/park photos.

Look forward to seeing your 4th of July photos in the next TP.