Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anthem


I saw a story today that a Florida singer wrote a song inspired by the search for the missing girl Sandra Cantu. It’s funny how we can rally around a song in times of trouble. Sometimes the music helps us remember and helps come together for a common goal.


I use to like a song called “Anthem” a song from the soundtrack of the movie Jonathan Livingston Seagull”. Listening to it now tends to remind me of some of the awful things I have had to cover through the years like funerals, fatal accidents and grief.


Covering the latest candlelight vigil I found out that song has become the anthem for the search for Sandra. “Somewhere Out There” from the movie An American Tail is played at the end of the vigils as community members raise their lights and pray for her return. I don’t think I well ever listen to that song again with out thinking about a missing little girl.

No comments: