Friday, December 19, 2008

The Year in Review: The odd couples


It’s that time of year again as we look back at the assignments of the past year and wonder what the heck happened? There were sad moments and happy times. Celebrations and moments of fear passed before the lens as the year unfolded before me.

So starting this personal review of the highlights and some of the very low lights of my year I begin with the oddest assignments of the year.


Now you know you’re in trouble when your photographing someone wearing Coca Cola pants but I put on my man pants and covered a “unique" music group at a concert in the park performance. The Wonderbread 5 weren’t my cup of tea but they were colorful. That could have been the oddest sight if not for a man dressed in pink pig costume roaming the newly opened rib restaurant Famous Dave’s. He even made a little kid cry. And who could forget a truly evil looking rabbit at Easter. I would have cried too if I was sitting on that demented bunny’s lap.

No comments: