Saturday, December 29, 2007

Looking back: Cat and mouse game


As I finish my personal retrospective of the year gone by I have to take a moment to remember one of the least favorite photos of the year to many of our readers, a photo I simply called “cat lunch.”

A trip to the Tracy Animal Shelter is always an adventure and it got even better when I discovered one of the shelter cats enjoying an afternoon snack. I can’t remember who hated the picture more, other staff members or the public in general. It somehow wound up as the cover of one issue and drew rave reviews being heralded as the best picture since we ran a dead calf on the cover.

Here’s to 2007!

2 comments:

Care said...

Funny how it's all the rage to tout Darwin's Survival of the Fittest theory but when it's up close and personal, like your cat/mouse photo, folks get squeemish.

Happy New Year Mr. Glenn Moore, our favorite paparazzi!

Anonymous said...

I actually love the picture. It's life, it's death, it's in focus.....good work, I say.