Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Trick shot


I took this photo just to see if it would work. I have shot through chain link fences; it’s an old trick I learned. You shoot as close as you can with as long a telephoto lens as you can with as wide open an f-stop as you can. But I tried something different for this shot. I was leaving the Tracy High tennis match when I saw the light on the player. She was playing in the middle court and through the viewfinder I had a decent tight shot with my 300mm telephoto with a 1.4 extender. But what was different was I was standing about 15 feet away form the fence. I was counting on the shallow depth of field to drop any hint of the fence out. It almost worked; the dark lines are the small amount of detail from the chain link fence. Not a bad effect.

No comments: