Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Never a dull day


After a couple of days sitting in a jury room at the county courthouse I was starting to get cabin fever. Sure I snatched a couple of assignments in the evening after my jury duty but I was out of the loop, in a rut and worst of all, not shooting enough.

Back to the paper today I was reminded never a dull day, no two days are the same. The morning found me at a prayer service at sunrise at Tracy High School as they joined in the national event.

Later in the morning I walked the mean streets of Deuel Vocational Institution’s lifer wing for a story on a race integration program.

Finish it off in the afternoon with a cute photo of kids playing in the park and it makes for a well-rounded day. Any day shooting is better than being stuck in a jury waiting room. I can’t imagine what the rest of the week will bring.

1 comment:

Care said...

You love your job, Glenn. It's so obvious. Must be less a job and more a passion. The best combo ever.w