Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Old soldiers never die


With my Canon Eos 1D MK II winging it’s way to Irvine for a hopefully quick repair I had to figure what I was going to do until its return.

I thought about taking a couple of days off but that idea got shot down quickly. I could use my Canon Digital Rebel camera but the motor is too slow. That and I didn’t really want to bring my personal camera to work and beat it to death for a week or so.

The solution was a compromise; I would use the only remaining Eos 1D body in the morning and then in the afternoon when we have two photographers I would use the only backup camera we have, a Nikon D70 digital camera. Oh the humanity!

It’s an ok camera, nothing spectacular but it does work. I dug my old Nikon lenses out of the closet; they hadn’t seen the light of day in about 3 years. They are 17-35mm a 70-200 mm and 300 mm lens. I pulled those lenses out of retirement and back into the fray. The three lenses are not in too bad of shape, one lens hood needs duct tape to stay in place but they are still sharp.

I’ll post some pictures as I try to muddle through work with this entry-level camera and let you know how it goes.

No comments: