Saturday, April 14, 2007

A little competition


I was shooting today's naming ceremony of Tracy Fire Station 96 for Dan Watrous with a little competition. I didn’t have any of the other newspapers in the area vying for my shooting spots but instead I had my boss trying to outgun me.

Tracy Press editor Cheri Matthews gathered her notepad along with her digital camera as we both shot the ceremony. I don’t know, maybe she was trying to keep me on my toes or just to see if I would really show up to the assignment on my day off but we both photographed the event from different vantage points.


I told her best looking photos end up being published so the pressure is definitely on me. I did manage to snap a few shots of the boss as she tries to take over my spot.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

OK, I'm putting my shots on my blog!

Care said...

I still say PhotoJournalist Glenn Moore is the Mr. Wilson of sit-com "Home Improvement" fame. You remember the one who never showed his face. I've yet to see Glenn Moore in front of his camera! Come out with your hands up, Mr. Moore!

And now, Cheri O Matthews is hiding behind her digital. GoodNight!!

And who was published? May the best photos win.

Anonymous said...

Ummm - what's with the little pop-up flash she's using? Light from that small of a source can't be very flattering... can it?