Thursday, March 8, 2007

Change of view



Besides being just pictures of an airplane that is way too cool what’s the point of these two shots? It’s a change of view.

One of the reasons I traveled down to Castle Air Museum recently was to get a look at their newest addition, an F-14 Tomcat. I made my way around the airplane and got the standard pictures but then for a change of pace I put the camera on the ground and fired away.

It’s a good rule to change your perspective on assignment so I went a little lower than usual for the ground level shot. I didn’t look through the viewfinder, I guessed the approximate coverage of the wide-angle and made sure I had a little room to fudge around the edges.

The pictures I got in the end show the menacing lines of the fighter and make it look fast even sitting still.

No comments: