Friday, February 9, 2007

Rainy day blues


This shot didn’t come out quite as good as I had hoped. I went out Thursday afternoon looking for a photo to illustrate the return of the rainy weather to Tracy. Things were quiet in downtown and most of the foot traffic left their umbrellas at home so I had to get a little creative.

In the darkening skies as the rain settled in I noticed the traffic signals reflecting in sopping wet sidewalks. I tried to get a little artistic and place the lights in the path of a pedestrian to make it look pretty. It didn’t work quite as well as I had hoped. It does show the wet conditions and has nice quiet feel to it.

Next rain assignment I will work harder on the reflections angle, I sort of like the effect and I think I can find something good going on there.

No comments: