Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happier times


The last few days have seen too much sadness in our town. The events of the weekend sting like an open wound. On assignment to Tracy High today I found more students in grief as they mourned the loss of teacher David Byrns. Too much sadness in the air.

Back at the office I told the editor no more sad assignments this week, I needed something happy to photograph. I know that’s not the way it works. You get what comes and if you can’t take it then you are most likely not cut out for this job.

When things get too dark and the weight gets to heavy I always think about things that make me smile. The sight of an airplane twisting through the sky at an airshow has always been my favorite subject to shoot and I need to give myself that assignment soon.

These sad days will pass, but more will come all to soon and once again I will look to the sky for happier times.

No comments: